CGSC Club Competition
Fabruary Print Competition
There will be a February print competition with critique from the single judge at the February 17 general meeting.
Three prints may be entered; no fee
- This is a fully open print competition (color or monochrome, straight photos, or post-processed using effects, with no topics or themes—no title required).
- The print must/can be of an image you photographed at any time; it can have been printed by any digital or analog photographic method; and, it does not have to be current, and can be from any time that you were photographing. Prints of scans are valid entries.
- Enter up to three unmounted prints, any size, but not to exceed 16x20; borderless or bordered, and any paper type or finish.
- Prints may be optionally dry mounted on a single matt board (11x14 or 16x20); if mounted, the matt will be deemed part of the composition of the image, and will be technically considered in the judging; there will be no extra credit for mounting a print.
- The judge will be allowed to handle your print entries using print handling gloves and examine them in detail, if he/she so desires, rather than being judged from a uniform distance.
How to enter: A drawer in the main club room has been labeled for this competition. In it you will find numbered stickers and a sheet for your name. Match the numbered row with your name to a sticker number which you will adhere to the back of the print (upper left corner facing the back of the print). Place the print face down. The deadline for entering a print at the club room is February 16; but you can bring an entry to the Saturday, February 17 meeting prior to meeting start (9:00am). It's that easy
More 2018 Competition information to come. An email notification will go out to members once this page has been updated.
Check out our Competition Galleries of previously submitted and winning entries. Previous Competition Submissions and Winners