First Board Meeting of the Season
First Board meeting of the Fall Season.
Camera Guild Board Meeting – All members welcome to attend. Camilla Kuberka, our RCSC COC Representative will be sitting in today's meeting.
Quorum, Review of last Minutes and Treasury Report.
Subjects we currently know about to discuss are:
- Change Board Meeting day of week for future meetings.
- Create a 2018 budget that results in getting what we need to keep up with member expectations while holding the line on the $1,000 bar and also provides the ability to take care of 2019 and 2020. The budget must consider revenue in/out and be paired with revenue generation efforts.
- Review discussions with the RCSC Club Office and BP-12 restrictions. Specific attention to ACCC and GCC activities will be reviewed.
- Prepare to prepare for the move to the 5th Ave and Grand building assuming that the RCSC Board approves the ad hoc committee's recommendation.
- Start the Nomination Committee for 2018. We will be replacing the Board of course, and the President and Vice President effective May 1st, 2018.
- Identify all staffed and unstaffed committees and have current board members either take on the leadership of a committee or at least work with the membership to staff it.
- Education committee is unstaffed and we need to find someone who will schedule classes. As a board member, talk to our members to take time to teach classes.
- Trips (day and overnight) are key to the success of our Guild.
- Meeting Program coordinator also needs to be staffed. We found that the format of our monthly Summer member meetings have worked very well and was well attended. We provided a mix of short show-and-tell training on many subjects, how-to's, viewing member pictures and videos, and social discussions. All in all, we kept the meetings moving and tried to pack as much into the 2 hours as we could without overwhelming everyone.
- Club Competitions
- Generating Revenue
- Filling all other committees
- ACCC Roundups and how it affects us.
- GCC Competitions and staffing
- Monday, October 02, 2017 01:00 PM